What is the best way to get rid of my bad breath caused by this?
What type of diet do you currently have as it would help answer this question better. Now, sometimes certain foods like garlic can give you temporary bad breath, but chronic bad breath on a regular basis is caused from yeast and candida overgrowth in your body. For this I would recommend you remove sugars and grains from your diet and stick to:
- High-protein foods
- High-fiber foods
- Healthy fats
- Probiotic-rich foods
- Alkalizing foods
recently noticed irritation on the foreskin of my penis which is aggravated with sexual interaction.
First sorry to hear that and second before you take any action based on your own judgement I highly recommend you see a medical professional first. Now, there are many reason why could this be happening:
- Weak immune system: any medical condition that reduces your immunity, for example, diabetes, HIV infection, inherited immunodeficiency disorders; taking corticosteroids for a condition; chemotherapy.
- Antibiotic use: The normal microbial flora is changed by taking antibiotics leading to microbial imbalance and consequent candida infection.
- Diabetes: Poorly controlled diabetes and the resulting higher levels of blood sugar provide an environment to candida to grow.
- Uncircumcised men with poor hygiene: The moist, dark and warm environment under the foreskin is conducive to candida growth. Additionally, poor hygiene leading to build-up of cheesy-looking substance called smegma under the foreskin can irritate the skin and allow candida to penetrate the tissue.
- Use of irritants: Overuse of bath foam, soaps, shower gels, lubricants can irritate penis and cause damage to the skin allowing favourable growth environment where candida can easily penetrate the tissues. Also, use of antibacterial soaps would lead to imbalance of natural microbes and thereby allow candida to grow.
- Sweat and moisture: working in sweaty conditions while wearing synthetic underwear and not drying the penis carefully after washing. Candida likes warm and moist environment.
- Poor nutrition and alcohol use: both disturb the fine balance of good and bad microbes.Alcohol also causes poor nutrition. Apart from this alcohol can impair immune function which can in turn lead to candida infection.
If you suspect you have the infection, see your doctor for a diagnosis. It is better to be sure if it is candida or something else – you also need to be certain if there are other underlying issues causing the infection. Your GP should be able to diagnose your infection just by examining your penis and questioning you.