• Register
Welcome to Answer To All Candida Questions, where you can ask candida yeast infections questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
Probacto Probiotics: Leading candida probiotics in the market. Get rid of your candida once and for all.

What kind of reactions to food will I have if I have Candida?

1,215 views
What kind of food reactions can I expect if I have candida?
asked Aug 7, 2013 in Diagnosis by Krista

1 Answer

0 votes

Candida brings about gut irritation and the most common reaction to that is the food leaving your body almost immediately after eating. That’s leaky gut syndrome simplified. Should you like to know more about it, it is because of the intestinal lining damage that lets in bacteria, toxins, incompletely digested proteins (mainly gluten) and fats escaping into the blood stream, triggering an autoimmune reaction. All that abdominal bloating, gas and stomach cramps are due to these and since your body is robbed out of its requirements, symptoms like fatigue, joint pain and skin rashes are the most common outcomes. The worst part is, it is invisible to the eye and 99% of the time it is overlooked. But it is a major GI disorder that even brings about autism.

Antihistamines and antibiotics do little to solve the problem and you can stay rest assured that they will worsen the condition. The only way to better the situation is through pre- and probiotics. Abstain from hydrogen peroxide-based mouthwashes or chlorinated drinking water

Though it’s chiefly the glycoproteins that bring about the allergic reactions, but it can also be egg (albumin), milk (casein) and shell-fish proteins, which further disturbs the intestinal integrity. So it’s important that you identify first the foods, stop taking them and work your way up. Else, you will never get cured.

Here I will unleash some medical info but I’ll try my level best not to make it sound like a classroom. Firstly, you’ll need the allergy tests (e.g. scratch test) to identify reactions that are typically IgE antibody-mediated. FYI, IgE is one of the five major classes (others are IgG, IgM, IgA, and IgD) of immunoglobulins; present primarily in the skin and mucous membranes. However, this will identify only 20% (max) of the food reactions that involve IgE. The remaining 80% will involve biochemical actions from histamine, leukotriences, bradykinin prostaglandins, thromboxin and immune complexes, bringing symptoms like swelling and pain, itching, nausea, low blood pressure and the most famous of all, diarrhea. These have every chance of developing into chronic symptoms.

So check for the tell-tale signs like blackouts, mild to severe headaches, insomnia related fatigue and depression and an impaired cognition; if you remember any in the near future, there are high chances that candida has set its roots in already.

To clear things up, you’ll need a complete cleanse, followed by probiotic supplements and foods that will help the gut flora to colonise. There are some very nice posts on how to do them in this forum, so all the best for a complete cure.

Please pay special attention to the diet and treatment fields.

http://candidaquestions.probacto.com/diet 

http://candidaquestions.probacto.com/treatment

answered Aug 8, 2013 by Steven Candida Expert (3,000 points)
...