You should avoid the following foods if you currently have Candida overgrowth:
1. Fruits & fruit juices: Although the sugar is natural, they still feed the candida.
2. Breaded, cured & smoked meats & fish: They're often loaded with sugar or sulfates.
3. Condiments: Common ones such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and soy sauce are mostly sugar and/or vinegar. Note that Eden Organic makes great mustard with Apple Cider Vinegar which is the only vinegar allowed on the Candida Diet.
4. Sugar alternatives: This includes honey, agave, rice syrup, molasses etc. These are still sugar, unfortunately.
5. Corn, peanuts & pistachios: They carry mold. Bummer.
6. Beans & grains: High in carbohydrates which readily convert to sugar when digested.
7. Soy products: If you are still on the soy bandwagon, this is your stop.
8. Dairy products: Unless it's fermented, forget it. Milk contains lactose, which is a sugar.
9. Alcohol: Not only high in sugar, alcohol is also tough on the immune system.
10. Mushrooms & pickles: Not similar but equally sad to eliminate. Mushrooms are yeast themselves and pickles are made from vinegar (usually not Apple Cider Vinegar).
Apple cider vinegar and cultured veggies such as sauerkraut will be helpful. These foods are rich in natural enzymes which aid in digestion. They also help to restore the natural balance of healthy bacteria in the gut by creating a perfect environment for those healthy bacteria to grow, all while keeping yeast like candida in check! Raw lactofermented (cultured) veggies like sauerkraut and kim chi are actually teeming with healthy microflora. I would avoid kombucha due to sugars. Hope this helps :)