• Register
Welcome to Answer To All Candida Questions, where you can ask candida yeast infections questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
Probacto Probiotics: Leading candida probiotics in the market. Get rid of your candida once and for all.

Should I see a doctor ASAP?

Hi, I am a 27yr old female, and I wanted to tell you what I have been experiencing over the past 4 yrs now, and see what you think I might need to do as of now before it gets worse.
Like I said about 4yrs ago I started breaking out in hives for no reason, which was accompanied with muscle aches and swelling. I went to a couple of doctors and they didn't know what was wrong with me. They referred me to a specialist but I never went due to not having any insurance. I have also had the problem of when I don't eat sweet things I will get headaches, and even start to feel sick. Today I still have the hives, muscle aches, and sweet cravings. My concern though is that since June of 2012 I have had a yeast infection that wont go away.
For the first few months I had the yeast infection I didn't treat it simply because I was not aware of what was going on with me and the symptoms seemed to come and go. I was also without insurance. I then asked my mom down the road what it could be and she said it sounded like a yeast infection. I then treated it with Monistat. It seemed to go away for a couple of weeks after the first treatment, but then it returned. I then treated it again 2 more times with the Monistat, and like before it would go away and then return. During that time I was able to get insurance through the state I live in and make a dr's appointment with them, but my appointment is not until later next month. I got frustrated and ended up going to the minor med clinic. They didn't do any tests on me, or look at me, they just asked what my symptoms were and then prescribed me 2 pills, which were both a one time dose of Diflucan. I has just had teeth removed about a week prior, and was on a antibiotic for the infection that was caused by my rotting teeth, so he gave me one pill to take while I was on the antibiotic, and said that if after I was done taking the antibiotic that if the yeast infection was still there, to go ahead and take the second pill he gave me. I did end up taking both Diflucan pills. I took the last one December 22nd. I still have symptoms of have this vaginal yeast infection, and now feel as if it is spreading to my anus. It is itching. I am also experiencing being very tired lately, and somewhat loosing my appetite.
Like I said I have a dr's appointment later this month, but I am not sure if it would be wise to seek medical attention ASAP, and have them do tests to find the main cause of this yeast problem, and so they can prescribe me something stronger. Or if I should hold off on seeing anyone for now, go ahead and change my diet like you recommend, and then just keep my dr's appointment?
I did the home test, and it turns out that after only 10 minutes of spitting in water, my saliva has jelly like legs.
I am worried about my health, and not sure if I should see a medical doctor ASAP or what? Can you please help me??
asked Jan 30, 2014 in Diagnosis by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
I would suggest if your'e worried about anything then you should definitely go to the doctor. I am not experiencing your symptoms so it's difficult for me to put myself in your situation to be honest.

There are good candida treatment books and plans being offered at the links on the right. They can do wonders in terms of helping your candida yeast infection, and you can get a lot of information free from this site as well.

I wouldn't put too much weight on the saliva test as it really just tests your mucous. I have trouble believing that it tests for candida in your body.
answered Feb 1, 2014 by AdrianDole Trusted Candida Expert (8,120 points)