In a word, yes, it can and probably is due to the die-off toxins. You were drinking 3 beers a day or 48 ounces, and alcohol is a substance that contributes to a beneficial environment in which the Candida can easily survive and reproduce. You've taken part of their environment away and some of the Candida are paying for it.
In addition, you were drinking enough sodas to obtain between 124 and 155 grams of sugar a day. Trust me, you were making the Candida in your intestines very happy with such a generous supply of sugar, and they were rewarding you by steadily increasing their population. Removing that much sugar at one time is going to make a difference simply because you had been supplying this amount for so long. Nevertheless, I would continue doing this, especially if it's the least you can do to treat the infestation. You can take Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and Candidate by Native Remedies to help lessen the die-off symptoms.