• Register

What are my options for treatements for yeast infection when I am allergic to Monistat and Gynolotrim?

Monistat made me rash terribly down there, and I'm not sure how to treat my yeast infection.
asked Jul 17, 2013 in Vaginal by GillianM Newbie (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Both Monistat and Gynolotrim are temporary treatments for the symptoms of a yeast infection; this is because the real problem lies inside the body, therefore it should be treated from the inside. This is why yeast infections normally continue to occur regardless of the medication used.
The 'real' cure is going to happen only when you address actual the cause of yeast infections. This would include staying on a carbohydrate and sugar free diet, taking various antifungals, and rebuilding the flora in the intestines.
answered Aug 2, 2013 by Sean Knows About Candida (1,540 points)