• Register

What if I have a different infection other than Candida albicans such as Candida tropicalis?

Candida albicans is the most common form of infection that most people face, but what should someone do if they have another species of candida such as: candida tropicalis, candida krusei, candida guilliermondii, candida lusitaniae, candida parapsilosis, candida kefyr, or candida glabatra. How will you know if you're infected with a different type of Candida?
asked Aug 5, 2013 in Treatment by megan Newbie (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Infections caused by forms of fungal yeasts other than Candida albicans are extremely rare and seldom heard of, so there is very little research available concerning other types of Candida infections. In the years that I've spent researching Candida albicans, I've only known of one person to have another form of Candida which in this case was Candida glabratra, which is the second most common cause of fungal yeast infections following Candida albicans. The lady was not completely debilitated by the overgrowth of Candida glabratra, but her infestation was much more difficult to control until it was discovered that she was suffering from Candida Glabratra instead of Candida albicans.  She was eventually given amphoterecin B and followed an extremely rigid Candida diet. After a few months her symptoms finally begin to improve.

A medical professional would need to test a person for other types of fungal yeast apart from Candida albicans before diagnoses could be made.
answered Aug 5, 2013 by Sean Knows About Candida (1,540 points)