• Register
Welcome to Answer To All Candida Questions, where you can ask candida yeast infections questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
Probacto Probiotics: Leading candida probiotics in the market. Get rid of your candida once and for all.

Can I Get a Rash from a Yeast Infection?

Do you get a rash when you get a yeast infection
asked Jul 15, 2013 in Rash by Maria
recategorized Jul 16, 2013 by AdrianDole

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, you can get a rash from a yeast infection. There are a number of fungal skin conditions caused by the yeast organism. Some are a little more familiar than others, and each requires a different type of treatment.

Women who have vaginal yeast infections can get a rash around the vagina and vulva due to the constant irritation from itching and discharge. This type of rash is usually addressed with a topical cream to be used in conjunction with the suppository used to treat the internal infection.

Jock itch, primarily impacting men, got its name because it is common in people who seat a lot (athletes, aka jocks). This rash often impacts the genital area, the buttocks, and the inner thighs – areas where sweat creates moist conditions. Topical medications usually do the trick.

Infants very often suffer from diaper rash yeast infections, which are much more painful and ugly than a regular diaper rash. Because babies get their nutrients from their mothers, it’s very common for yeast infections to be passed on through the breast milk. Fungal diaper rashes need to be addressed via the mother’s diet, proper diaper changing hygiene, and the use of antifungal diaper rash ointments.

Contrary to the name, the ringworm rash is not actually a worm or parasite, but a fungal rash caused by the yeast organism. The rash may look red and scaly or bumpy and will always become itchy. It will eventually start to look like a series of rings with scaly edges. While the ring shape is most common, your rash may not necessarily be shaped this way.

Athlete’s foot is a form of ringworm that impacts the skin of the feet. The skin of the foot, primarily between your toes, will become dry, flaky, red, scaly, and itchy. You may also feel some stinging or burning. Both forms of ringworm are often treated via over the counter medications.

Yeast infection or fungal rashes can develop on other areas of your body as well. Any area of the body that is warm, moist, and dark may provide the perfect breeding ground for yeast to grow. Skin rashes like this often occur under the folds of the breasts, between skin folds of the belly area in obese individuals, and between the thighs.

Acute rashes can often be cured with over the counter creams and ointments, but be sure to see a doctor if your rash is persistent, getting worse, or if it seems to go away and come back again frequently. You may need to address a chronic yeast infection.
answered Jul 15, 2013 by AdrianDole Trusted Candida Expert (8,120 points)